Monday, November 20, 2006

Well everything I've heard so far sounds really good. I think that using the library is such a problem for a lot of our students because it isn't really spacious. Now I of course am speaking about the library at Davis and don't know what the library at Trafalgar looks like, but I doubt that they are very different from each other. I went with my sister to her school open house recently and was very shocked to see how much her middle school library and ours resembled each other. I'm also led to believe that students are choosing public libraries for their reading material because they can get both scholastic and personal reading in one place. As for computer studies, the computer labs are certainly the first choice for that. The brain is definitely a good way to start some innovative ideas. When I read all the names it reminded me of "Cerebro", the name for the room that Professor X uses in X-men. I think that any of those names will be welcomed by the student body. I was also thinking in terms of furniture and decorations. Abstract artwork and furniture pieces would probably go really well with the idea of a brain. I've seen a few pieces in the Ikea catalogue that I thought would be interesting, however space is definitely a road block in that category. Any suggestions or feedback would be super. Great work so far team!!!!

6 Comments:

At 8:54 AM, Blogger Rolanda said...

Hi Alaynaa,
I was thinking right along the same lines as you are concerning furniture. Ikea stuff is great but I wonder if it would be possible to create our own designs to fit our libraries. Organic funky designs (like the ones found in Ikea)that work with the wasted space in our libraries and create more efficiency.
Maybe we could come up with some sketches for each campus.

 
At 1:35 PM, Anonymous Taodhg said...

I'm looking forward to a frontal lobe chair. How would it look?

 
At 1:37 PM, Anonymous Taodhg said...

Yes - Davis and Trafalgar are not much different as far as space goes.

 
At 11:11 AM, Anonymous Tim said...

Rolanda, I want to see your "Frontal Lobe" chair design

 
At 9:27 AM, Blogger Rolanda said...

Okay Tim I will work on it.

 
At 9:26 AM, Blogger alaynaa said...

Hey Rolanda,
original designs would be great for furniture. Im so glad you thought of it! I was wondering if there have been any talks of materials to be used for furniture as it would probably affect anything sketch wise that i might come up with. Have you had any ideas or heard anything from anyone else?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home